Wednesday, January 7, 2009

52 Weeks of Challenges

Ok, I am technically stealing this from my friend Trish (ok, not stealing, but she is doing these challenges on her Yahoo group, Who Gives a Scrap) and I thought that I would try and keep up here. New Year's resolution?? Perhaps not, but definately make myself accountable since I am posting this online. Every week I will post the weekly challenge and than follow-up with the layout that I do for that project. May not be weekly, becaause I don't always get to scrap every week, but may post several at one time. I challenge all my Live and Let Scrap friends to follow along and even participate and post these challenges on their blogs to share with everyone! What a great way to get 52 layouts done within the year. I like to try for the 365 challenge, and I believe I will keep track, but I definately want to challenge myself with different styles and techniques and I think this particular challenge will help improve my scrapping! So enjoy, if your going to participate good luck and have FUN!!!

Week #1

Work Those Words
Whether it’s a quote, a list of your favorite adjectives or computer-generated phrases, journaling on strips of cardstock is a great way to add visual excitement to your page. Be creative and cut a favorite quote [or song] into pieces to add to your design.

Week #2

Focus on One Photo
Convert a favorite photograph into a black and white image, then use it as the focal-point photo on your page. It will draw your viewer’s eye right into the essence of your layout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment