Friday, December 12, 2008

Great Grandparetns 50th Wedding Anniversary

When my Grandparents got to old to live in their home anymore, I was told that I could have whatever I wanted from there to help re-start my own life. I had lost everything down to pots and pans. When I was going thru everything, I came across only a few very old family photos, and I made sure that I took them. In these pictures I had recognized my grandfather, but no one else at the time. Last month for my monthly book club we were given this beatiful paper from My Minds Eye and I thought that the colors would be perfect to do something with these old pictures. They are of my Great Grandparents 50th wedding Anniversary held in Providence Rhode Island in their old farm house. My mom in the picture is 15 years old and the year was 1960! (Don't try and figure out how old mom is now, because if you know her, you wouldn't believe it anyway!)I enjoyed bringing a nostalgic touch to these layouts, using my cricut to creat these beautfiul borders and butterflies. A combination of ribbon and buttons completes the look. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That is nice work Holly!
And a great tribute!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! Well when Bre went to Palani's bday she was still young..she didn't get on any slides or swings... =)
She IS tall! I swear I keep buying pants!

Jennifer Priest said...

Nice job on the pages!! What have you been up to?!

Sarah Ommen said...

Those are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous blog you have!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could discover you!!

--Gracie at EverythingCricut.blogspot.com

Post a Comment